Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ohhhh Hite, (Utah, that is)

Greetings followers, this is Tasha, I am Shane's sister. Recently I had the opportunity to intercept these three road-trippers on their journey. We met in Glen Canyon Recreation Area, at 'Hite' campsite on Lake Powell. Over the course of five days we shared great food, stories and made a couple fond memories of our own-including a day long hike to a little place called "Sundance Canyon" (later more appropriately renamed by Elspeth "Pyramid of Death Canyon"). This ordeal (I will call it as we later all decided it was not just a hike by any means) was followed by arriving at the car, (intoxicated by lethargy at this point)at 10 pm and navigating our way over terrain best compared to the planet Mars. Eventually we returned to camp, where Shane, Elspeth and Rush prepared a stellar meal of Salmon, asparagus and rice...soon we drifted off, and called the day done. I must say I am so grateful to have had the support of the rest of my family to be able to provide nourishment that these brave souls needed to replenish and move on across our country. As they each told me stories of their travels thus far, a powerful theme became apparent to me (that they were seeing clearly also). It seems that just when they may have thought that their luck had run out, (in whatever way, blown-out spokes, lack of available campsites, needing some local info, etc.) the universe would show it's abundance of various resources, and good faith, in turn, was restored. Departing Friday morning was hard, but amidst the sadness, I truly realized what depth of character, strength and heart these three posses and must access every moment on this trip. I love you guys and rock on.

Tash

No comments:

Post a Comment